The Academy is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of the Academy’s many offerings.
The policy consists of the following principles:
- Collecting and Using Information:
- Either before or when the Academy collects information about you, The Academy will explain how it will be used.
- The Academy will limit the information collected to what is needed for the purpose of the information.
- If the Academy wishes to use your information for any other purpose, it will obtain your consent before using the information.
- Information collected from you while using this website is not sold or rented to any third party for other business purposes.
- What personally identifiable information does the Academy collect?
- It collects information in several ways from different parts of it’s Web sites.
- Some personal information is gathered if you register with the Academy. During the application and registration for courses, the Academy may ask for personal information such as your name, email address, gender, postal/zip code, occupation, industry, education, general health, learning assistance requirements and personal interests.
- In addition to application/registration processes, the Academy may ask you for personal information at other times.
- Releasing Information: The Academy may provide your information to other persons, but only if:
- It has your consent;
- The Academy is required to do so by law.
- The Academy may disclose account information in special cases when it has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Academy’s Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) to the Academy’s rights or property, other Academy users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. The Academy may disclose or access account information when it believes, in good faith, that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that it deems necessary to maintain, service, and improve it’s products and services.
- Protecting Information:
- The Academy will do its best to protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
- It will retain your information only for the time it is required for the purposes for which it was collected.
- The Academy will not release phone numbers or personal addresses to third parties (which includes other students) without your prior approval.
- Providing Information Access and Accuracy:
- On your request, the Academy will provide you with the information that it retains about you.
- The Academy will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. It is the responsibility of the client/student to provide written communications to the Registrar regarding any update of personal information, including addresses, contact numbers and email addresses as well as name changes.
- Respecting and Responding to Your Privacy Concerns:
- The Academy will explain your option to refuse or withdraw consent to the collection, use and release of your information, and it will record and respect your choices.
- The Academy will investigate and respond to your concerns about any aspect of our handling of your information.
- Respect for On-Line Use and Access of Information
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example on message boards, through email, or in instant message or chat areas – that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the Academy strives to protect your personal information, it cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Academy or from it’s online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, the Academy make it’s best effort to ensure its security on the Academy’s systems.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
- Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.